Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Proper Mission Call Opening

5.17.15
My mission call came! Unfortunately it arrived in Singapore while we were in Hong Kong- we had to get an email from the Stake President and then wait in agony until we could get home again to open it. We picked it up from the Bishop's office on Sunday and then got on Skype with the boys after church.



"Dear Sister Jensen: You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission."



Salt Lake City-  I was shocked to say the least, it felt like a prank mixed with a blessing. I'm not going to lie, I felt both slightly relieved and slightly disappointed. I feel a little bad for that now- I love traveling and taking on new challenges, but I was scared to go to a country without my parents and learn a language I potentially knew nothing about (but then at the same time thrilled to do so). Of course, The Lord sends you on the exact mission you need to be on. I had a mindset that I could go on a mission and hide behind excuses (I don't know the language, I've never been here, These people have never heard of Mormons, My companion knows more than me). This call ripped all those excuses out from under me. Going to Utah, a place I've been many times, I will come across many inactive members and people that have heard of the church. A lot of people will probably want to debate concepts and principles with me that I don't have the perfect scripture defense for. Most of my companions will be international (or so I've heard), so I'll probably be helping them with English and they'll lean on me to mostly teach while they get the hang of it. And let's face it- I can't pretend like I don't know the English Language. This mission will definitely be hard, but the more I think about it and pray about it I know it'll be awesome and I'm up for the challenge :)

<3 (soon to be) Sister Jensen





No comments:

Post a Comment