Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Birthday in Singapore (19 on the 19th!)


I started my birthday off right by going to Universal. My mom had a PT appointment so she met me at Harbourfront station and we scootered over to Sentosa 


We waited in line for Cylon for probably a half hour before they told us they had to shut down the ride for a while- super lame! At least we got to go on the Mummy ride and I got a churro :)

I can't stress enough how rarely we get taxis or uber cars, we use the public transportation far more often. However, when it's your birthday and it takes an hour to get to the next place... it doesn't hurt to splurge  once or twice

Both uber drivers showed us pictures and videos of their families on their phones. The second guy showed us a video of him racing motorcycles and it was total cheese. Sometimes you just gotta smile and nod and hope he doesn't notice that you're trying not to laugh :P




I LOVE my henna!! It was only S$12! I probably could have haggled the price lower, but I was fine with it. It was at the Little Indian Arcade, across the street from the Little India Hawker Centre.






The MacRitchie Reservoir hike is gorgeous! Definitely worth it, and the suspension bridge through the treetops provides such a gorgeous view. Also, ice milo at the end is a life saver.




And I made cinnamon rolls for the first time in my life! I kinda cheated though and had the bread machine make the dough and I did the rest. They turned out AMAZING. I keep trying to eat more than one a day and it makes me so sick (but sorta worth it)










No comments:

Post a Comment